Enabling Team Banks for Your Organization
The first step in setting up a team bank account is to enable the team banks functionality for your organization. This can only be done by the account admin; team assistants can not enable this. This is done by going to the ‘Settings’ page, clicking the ‘Team Banks’ checkbox in the ‘Organization Settings’ tab, and then clicking the ‘Save’ button.
Note: this step only gives you the option of setting up team bank accounts. All of the teams within your organization will continue to use the organization’s bank account until you go through the processing of setting up individual team accounts.
Setting Up A Team Bank Account for Your Team
If you are adding a team bank account to an existing team, go to that team's page and click on the edit icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page. This will open the ‘Edit Team Overview’ dialog box. Click the ‘Bank Account’ checkbox and then click ‘Save'.
For new teams the process is very similar. Just click the ‘Bank Account’ checkbox in the ‘Add Team’ dialog box when you are setting up your team.
Note: you will not see the ‘Bank Account’ checkbox at the team level until team banks have been enabled at the organization level.
Adding Your Account Details
Once you have enabled a bank account for your team, the next step is to enter your bank account details. To do this, click on the ‘Add Bank Info’ link on the Team Details page. Alternatively, you can click on the link in the banner at the top of the page that says Click here to add bank info. This banner will be displayed as a reminder until you add your bank account information.
Verifying Your Account
After your bank account has been added, check your bank account within 1-3 days for two small deposits (each will be less than $1). Enter the amount of the deposits by clicking on the ‘Verify’ link on the Team Details page, or by clicking on the ‘click here to verify’ link in the banner at the top of the page. This is an important step, as no payments will get processed for your team until you have set up and verified your bank account information.
Changing Your Account Details
If you need to change your account details for any reason, just click on the ‘change’ link on the Team Details page. This will open a blank ‘Add Bank Account Info’ form.
Note: Changing your bank account info will require you to validate your account again.
When viewing transactions on the ‘Reporting’ page or in either of the export files, there are a couple of things to look for to help you identify which bank account is being used:
- Account name displayed in description: transactions with a payment type of ‘transfer out’ (to team bank account) or ‘transfer in’ (from team bank account) will display the account name and last four digits of the account number as part of the transaction description. This is to help you identify the account that the transfer is being made into or out of.
- Team name displayed in ‘Team’ column: transactions with a payment type of ‘Transfer Out’ will display the team name in the ‘team’ column in cases where the transfer is being made into a team bank account. For transfers into the organization’s bank account, ‘N/A’ is displayed in the ‘Team’ column.
Check out this article for a more detailed explanation of the different payment types used in our reports.
Disabling Team Banks
Removing a team bank account or disabling team banks for your organization is done exactly as you would expect.
To disable a team bank account:
- Go back to the ‘Edit Team Overview’ dialog box
- Un-tick the Bank Account checkbox
- Click the ‘Save’ button
Once you have disabled your team bank account, by default your team will start using the organization’s bank account.
To disable team banks for your organization:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ page
- Un-tick the ‘Team Banks’ checkbox in the ‘Organization Settings’ tab
- Click ‘OK’ to the warning message
- Click the ‘Save’ button
Note: disabling team banks for your organization will delete all bank account connections set up by teams within your organization.